Interessant International congres in Engeland, met Nederlandse bijdrage door de Universiteit van Leiden.
19th March 2015 // 09.30 – 17.30
The London Centre of International Law Practice will be hosting a one-day conference on “International Sanctions: Legal, Policy and Business Challenges to complement our two-day training workshop: “International Sanctions in Practice: Legal and Business Implications”.
The conference will bring together some of the most prominent experts in Public International Law, from academia, international organisations, and legal practice, with extensive experience in International Sanctions, to collectively review the current trends and prospects in the practice of sanctions and their implications for international business relations, as well as legal challenges that sanctions are increasingly facing before various fora.
Conference speakers will address specific issues relevant to the most recent sanctions, including those concerning Russia and Venezuela, as well as current changes in existing sanctions regimes e.g. onCuba, Iran, Myanmar and others.
This conference aims to provide a wide understanding of the law and practice of sanctions in a globalised world, primarily to policymakers, government officials, economic stakeholders, academics and legal practitioners of targeting and targeted States, but also of third States that may be affected by sanctions in a number of ways.
- Pierre-Emmanuel Dupont, Head of Public International Law (London Centre of International Law Practice, UK);
- Dr. Nico Schrivjer, Academic Director of the Grotius Centre for International Legal Studies (University of Leiden, Netherlands); Professor of International Law (University of Leiden, Netherlands);
- Alfred de Zayas, UN Independent Expert on the Promotion of a Democratic and Equitable International Order (Geneva, Switzerland);
- Dr. Mercédeh Azeredo da Silveira, Senior Associate (Derains & Gharavi, France);
- Dr. Antonios Tzanakopoulos, Associate Professor of Public International Law (University of Oxford, UK);
- Dr. Golnoosh Hakimdavar, Senior Research Fellow, Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law (Heidelberg, Germany);
- Dr. Matthew Happold, Barrister (3 Hare Court, London, UK); Professor of Public International Law (University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg);
- Dr. Martin Dawidowicz, Lecturer in Public International Law (University of Oxford, UK);
- Dr. Larissa van den Herik, Professor of Public International Law (University of Leiden, Netherlands);
- Maya Lester, Barrister (Brick Court Chambers, London, UK); (tbc)
- Dr. Alexander Orakhelashvili, Lecturer (University of Birmingham, UK);
- Dr. Regis Bismuth, Professor of Public International Law (University of Poitiers, France);
Note: Places at this conference are limited. Early reservation is advised. Early registration discounts are applicable to all reservations made before the 16th February 2015.
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0) 207 723 1818.
13-15 Arundel Street,