In samenwerking met FICE organiseert The International Centre for Therapeutic Care de eerste Internationale conferentie over
‘Therapeutic Care and Research’ U wordt van harte uitgenodigd om deel te nemen!
Woodbrooke Conference Centre, Birmingham.
Wednesday 12th- Friday 14th September 2018.
De deelnemers zijn FICE-leden en leden van het International Center die werken op het gebied van residentiële zorg, dagopvang en op gezinnen gerichte vormen van hulpverlening.
The conference will aim to bring together experiential learning and presentations about about therapeutic care and research. The experiential training will be achieved by forming a ‘temporary community’ across the two days, and using the large reflective ‘community’ group to reflect on the group dynamics of the participants as they emerge across the event.
Therapeutic care is defined by the core values of the International Centre (see below), where the aim is to provide ways of working with children and young people that support their authentic emotional growth and learning. We also invite the sharing of research that will deepen insight into residential and foster care.
International Centre core values - we support and promote:
- Models of care that are relationship (attachment) based.
- Models of care that promote ‘living together as a group or family’, where adults, children, and families use the lived experience to create ‘a way of living and learning together.’
- Models of care that make conscious use of the culture and ethos of the psycho- social and physical environment.
- Models of care where the culture is influenced by a ‘conscious use of self’ and shared responsibility.
- Models of care that aim to develop a sense of belonging and promote resilience in children and young people.
- Models of care that provide high expectations for children and young people, and authentic stability of placement.
Draft programme in the attachement. Please note that this is a basic draft outline for the event, and it is likely to change as speakers and events are confirmed. Kosten € 500,- p/p